For immediate release
The 10th annual All Power to the Imagination! Conference, API!, will be held April 21-23 at the New College of Florida campus in Sarasota. API! brings together community organizers, activists and academics from across the southeast as well as from the local area for a weekend of networking, discussion, learning and organizing. API will be an opportunity to discuss how radical theory and practice can be integrated together to create stronger, successful social movements.
Presentations will cover topics such as coalition building, reproductive justice, writing and self publishing, mycology and edible Florida plants, environmental issues, and the state of education.
All are welcome to attend. The conference is free of charge and open to the public. Register and get your schedule of events at New College of Florida on Friday, April 21st at the API registration tables outside Hamilton Center between 3:30-5:30 PM. Contact us at [email protected] or visit our website at allpowertotheimagination.com
• To bridge the gap between radical theory and practice.
• To provide opportunities for the Florida, Sarasota and New College communities to collaborate on fighting oppression.
• To serve as a networking tool and information resource for activists and community organizers worldwide.
• To be inclusive of those who are not familiar with radical theory and practice.
• To demystify the meaning of “radical” and “anarchist”.
• To emphasize action and change through critically informed and reflexive practice.
• To support ongoing actions and movements and to start building new ones.
• To create a safe forum for exercising our imaginations as we build on each other’s ideas and knowledge.